Hi! And Welcome to Play Eat Grow!
Before we tell you about ourselves, let us introduce you to our site. Play Eat Grow is just that: a resource for fun things to do with your kids (or maybe just for us, moms and dads), a catalog to find great new recipes that hopefully will please the whole family, and a place to find spiritual comfort and encouragement for the family and for you. We will always post a Play post on Mondays, an Eat post on Wednesdays, and a Grow post on Fridays. But you never know when we'll throw in extra ones just for the fun of it! So we hope you will join us as we play, eat, and grow!
MaryAnn - At my house we play a little game around the dinner table called "Three likes and a don't". Everyone says three things they liked about their day and one thing they didn't like. So to let you know a little bit about me, here are three likes and a don't from my life.
- watching my two boys, ages 4 and 6, learn and grow and play. They are such a blessing!
- reading, especially non-fiction, and being outdoors (our family enjoys camping and hiking) during my "free time" (otherwise knows as the time I could be folding laundry but am not)
- the Moms Unlimited Group, the ladies book club, and the women's Bible study that feed my soul and connect me with others, as well as the kindergarten and first graders I work with during Sunday School and the AWANA program.
I don't like - having to wait so so long between seasons of my favorate television show, Downton Abbey. I don't care if it takes 20 hours if filming to make a 90 minute segment. They need to make more!
-spending time with my darlin' husband and crazy children- ages 5, 3, and 2 (plus one on the way!). They are all incredibly unique and there is never a dull moment in our house, as you can imagine.
-staying up late at night. I used to be a morning person, but kids have changed me in that way. I love the quiet of the house-- perfect time to read, write book reviews, craft, bake, snuggle my hubby, and eat ice cream.
-playing games. Some of my favorites are Settlers of Catan, Bonanza, and Nerts, Jake and I don't play as often as we'd like these days, but are looking forward to family game nights where we get to play non-chance-based games :).
I don't like -that my days are spent away from my familia! This year I am working full-time outside of the home while by husband stays home. He's a fantastic stay-at-home dad, but I definitely miss it some days too.
Christina - I'm going to follow MaryAnn's lead and let you know three likes and one don't. So here goes!
- spending time with my growing family (I have a two year old son and seven week old son!)
- baking and eating desserts (I am known by my family and friends and some one who is almost always on dessert duty)
- to try any and all craft things (I am a dabbler and have tried my hand at sewing, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, scrapbooking, toy making, and loads more. Please do not look in my craft closet...it's a disaster of half finished projects. Eep!)
I don't like - dealing with mold or bugs. That is strictly my hubby's domain. When he hears me call for him, he usually knows it's one of the two.