Here's my solution.
I don't know about you, but whenever I go to a mall and walk by that kiosk or booth, I am in desperate need of a pretzel. You know the one.
And because I love you guys so much, I've got these tags ready as a free printable, so you can easily make your own! So, I'm afraid you have no excuse not to make these knots.
Pretzel Love Knots
adapted from Korean American Mommy
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 1/8 tsp instant yeast (bread machine yeast)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/8 tsp salt
1 cup bread flour
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups warm water
2 tbsp baking soda
coarse salt to taste
4 tbsp melted butter
1. Mix the flours, sugar, and instant yeast together in the bowl of your mixer. Add the salt and mix again.
Add the 1 1/2 cups warm water.
2. Knead with the bread hook attachment until it forms a ball around the hook and the dough is supple, smooth, and elastic.
3. Place under a bowl to rise for 30 to 45 minutes.
While that is rising, mix the 2 cups warm water and the baking soda.
4. After the first rise, cut portions of the dough. Roll them into a long rope and shape into a knot.
5. Dip the pretzels in the baking soda bath, allowing the excess water to drip off.
Place the pretzels on a greased or lined baking sheet (or a baking stone).
Sprinkle with the coarse salt and allow to rise for an additional 15-20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
6. Bake the pretzels for about 10 minutes depending on the size of your knots, until golden brown. Brush with melted butter.
So what do you think? Do you love it, or do you knot?