Eat: Turkey Calzones
It’s almost been a week since Thanksgiving and let me guess, you are ready for the last leftover meal before throwing it all out? If so, let me suggest you try a turkey calzone.
4 slices of provolone cheese
1-2 cups of pulled turkey
1-2 cups of stuffing
1/2 cup of cranberry sauce
1/2 jar of pesto
1 (10 oz) roll of refrigerated pizza dough
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unroll the pizza dough and spread it out into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Cut in half, horizontally and vertically, which will leave you with 4 equal-shaped rectangles.
2. Cover each rectangle with pesto. Top each with a slice of cheese.
3. Mix together turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce. This part is really up to you, as to the amounts of each. For example, if you don’t like fruity flavors for a main dish, go slim on the cranberry sauce or cut it out altogether.
4. Spoon the mixture onto the center of each dough rectangle.
5. Fold each rectangle in half, covering the mixture in the middle. Seal using your fingers or a fork.
6. Place them on a sprayed cooking pan and bake for 20 minutes.